Thursday, April 14, 2011

Tea For Two

Today was "Mother's Tea" day at Kami's preschool.  The night before, we both set out our (at her suggestion) dresses, shoes, etc.  The prior fit she threw over "the jeans" led to a discussion about how "once your clothes are set out for the day, you can't change your mind."  Let's just say that didn't work too well.  "My shoes are too tight - I'll put my dress on - no, I want you to do it."  Long story short, she screamed & cried while Macy stood, as usual, in awe.  I sent the screamer with dad to work.

I later found a pair of her jeans in her trash can.  Seriously.

I want to wear some cute sandals but my polish is so chipped & horrible looking (we won't even discuss my dried-out, sandpaper dogs that are barking) that I need to take it off.  The tween borrowed it, didn't put it back, but I found it - it was empty.  Off for a pair of toe-covered shoes, dangit.

We make it to tea on time.  I leave a crying 2 yr old in the bbsitting room (but was later thanked that she was the best one in there the whole time - whodda thunk?).  I get seated & watch the once-again-transformed-into-an-angel child sing sweet songs of mother & love while gazing into my eyes.  Good thing - it's moments like these that keep me going!  There was a wide variety of spectators.  Some lovingly weeping (I also got a bit teary during the songs while she looked into my eyes so angelic-like - later it will be Angelica-like - you know, Rugrats...), a grandma sporting her well-worn, black AC/DC t-shirt, another lying her child on her lap, performing a digging out of the crusted varmits lodged in her nostrils.  The usual.

Then we get to the food but are some of the last - so Kam asks me to put her cookie in my purse (which later turns into a crumbly mess - no purse is my own anymore).  Reminds me of my sweet grandmother who used to wrap up chicken & put it in her purse so as not to waste.  I remember vividly her ketchup packet laden cabinets at home.  

As we are sitting in the pews for puppet time, I look over & Kam has snatched my camera & is taking pictures of her friend whom she has prompted to pull her lips into funny contortions, so they are whooping it up.

Next for lunch w/daddy where Macy nibbles on the wooden mini blinds (then wipes at her tongue - who knows what was on there!), spills her milk, & kami loudly states "I have to go pee!"  That was a mild lunch for us, no doubt!


After looking for the missing "silky," then transforming her panda bear from a pillow to a pet (decisions, decisions) - it is the blissful moment of the day - naptime...off to check the mail - a reminder of our $1,544.73 bill for Macy's ingrown toenail removal and a brochure on tweens and their periods from Kotex.

No comments:

Post a Comment