Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Mama's Monday

I frequently see the posts of my employed-out-of-the-home Facebook friends which read "wishing Sunday would last longer, Mondays suck, etc."  The same holds true for many of us at home mommies.  At least I have another adult to talk to on the wknds and an extra hand.

This morning started like many others : let the puppy out (so she can bark her head off & I have to go back out & let her back in) & send the tween (I'll call her that as long as I can - only a couple more wks!) and hubs off (who later returned b/c he forgot his work cell for the 2nd time in a row!!).  This morn I was being lazy about immediately changing the little one's diaper until she looked at me, grunted and said "poop" - causing the squishy overnight diaper to spurt a serious leak all over her pants & down her legs - which then ended up on my legs (I'm CERTAIN it didn't leave a trail on the carpet.  Yea, no need to double check)...all this and more by 10am:  unload/load dishwasher, load of dishes in the sink, wash my trash for recycle, made Malt-O-Meal for "Malt-0-Meal Monday..."  (we have names for what we're having for bfast for each day of the week-Kami wanted Weiner Wednesday's - changed that to Waffle Wed.).

I FINALLY get a cup of coffee.  In between "life", I had to re-heat the dang stuff 2x before I got one cup down!  I bet the hubs consumed his in a leisurely, yet consistent manner out of his giant thermal thingy.  I need a raise - and comp time in a BIG way!!!

Then it's time for these girls to burn some energy off outside.  Today should have been "Washing Wednesday" for:   the rocks for landscaping (the girls dug them up & washed w/old toothbrushes), the spankin' new muddy as heck swingset (thanks to daddy's four wheelin' escapade w/the minivan), the rubber boots, and last, but not least, my body at naptime!!  (At which time I manage to scrap a little more of the spilled red Scentsy wax off my sink.)

Then I get a call from my neighbor, telling me they have a visitor.  (Thank god I still get my monthly visitor.)  I blonde-headedly ask, "who?"  She tells me they have my escapee pooch - we didn't notice her run off while we were a-washin'.  (Note:  we have a crazy, drunk neighbor who shot at another neighbor's 12 lb. dog that was in his yard a few wks ago - the other crazy neighbors are for another post)

So, I loaded the girls up in the wagon & hauled them down the road.  As I put the pooch in the wagon w/the girls & chat w/neighbor, Macy pulls on the ol' dog's ex-milking appendages and says "nipples, nipples!!"
I feel so violated!

Back home for lunch at the kiddie picnic table - myself included because our Nazi bee has appeared again this year and he was making dives at me at the "grown-ups table.  "

Apparently, 5 yr old had left the door ajar and the dog got out AGAIN!!!  We finally got her back and made a bee-line (pun intended) for the house to get these kids down for a nap (at which time I slap the neon yellow BABY SLEEPING sign on the door) so I could get thru the rest of the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment