Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Much Ado About Memorial Day

Happy Memorial Day to all.  The weather finally wasn't rainy!  Wish it would've been this nice for the girls' birthday parties which were held (Em) and supposed to be held (Kam) at the park - instead I was scrambling to clean a total wreck of a house, shower, stuff a pinata, decorate, etc. at 7am for a 930 am party!

Wake up (well, for the fourth time or so) to Kam busting in "I want to show you something w/my Zhu-Zhu pets!!!"

Anyway, we decided to go to Meramec Springs after naptime today.  We got through a messy egg breakfast (no milk spilled THIS time tho) during which Macy kept throwing her sippy cup.  The teen kept handing it back but soon tired of the game and gave it to her one last time saying "now, are you going to drink responsibly?" 

I make a stab at selling our puppy on Facebook, the teen begs for a guinea pig, then some nagging to her about her ridiculous room that vomited loads and loads of laundry & some mysterious candy wrappers.  Some breaking up of toddler fights (if Kam wears a 5T is it still toddler?  One of my childless friends asked me once when Kam was 4 if she still wore a 3Tall - not knowing what the T stood for), and doing some of the usual household chores.  Emily makes fun of my tank top which offers no support, apparently (and later told me my pits looked like cottage cheese, b/c of the deodorant-let's not talk about the large curd on my thighs).  


I pack some olives & chips for dinner (ok and some bread & meat) & off we go to "feed the fish."  The fish weren't too hungry after the crowds that had already been through.  After nearly dropping the camera in the water (caught it JUST in time), I noticed the rocks had tons of snails clinging to them.  Kam thought that was awesome. 
Snails on a rock.

Guess which girl didn't like the water?
The water was really high and Kam was upset - she wore her Dora swimsuit so she could get in (tho it was icy as heck!).  As we are walking, Em asked me if I had peed my pants.  With the bladder of a chic who has birthed three children, that was not a far fetched question.  However, it was due to Miss Macy & her wet feet as she had begged me to carry her.  Nevermind we had a Kelty Kid backpack and a stroller!!

 We had literally JUST put the gear away at the top of the hill, walked back down to the play area & Em tells me Macy had pooped - there was no doubting that after the wind changed - wafting the scent through even our allergy-clogged nostrils. I had only brought one diaper and we were down to two wipes from using them on dirty hands & faces.  Thank god that was (sorta) sufficient - clean enough butt to last until bath time and there were no more explosions.


To the sound of a gazillion or so cicadas and the nearby smell of a rotting rodent, the kids played at the crowded play area for awhile before heading home.


Back at home, Emily informs me (w/somewhat red eyes) that her boyfriend of 4-5 wks. has broken up w/her.   I gave her extra attention w/choc chip cookie dough ice cream & watched TV w/her.  Three hours later she is posting on Facebook that she is "in a relationship" - with a totally different guy - who happens to be the ex's best friend and the ex broke up and ends up dating one of Em's friends.  Oh the teen drama - and this is just the beginning!




I have a hairy belly just like daddy!
Dirt, watermelon, shell necklace-ahh summer!
Just enough time left for some watermelon.  Daddy-O (who opts for peanuts) doesn't put a bib on Macy and she has already chomped into a large piece and has juice all over her clothes.  I strip her down to her diaper.  She then gets a red stained belly, at which point she decides to pick up the long haired cat and the hairs get stuck all over the sticky watermelon residue.  Said cat later brings a dead mouse onto the new welcome doormat, leaving blood on the "L."  It had already been broken in by the blankity blank dog peeing on it on yet another rainy day.

Next is bath.  I put both little ones into the tub together.  Kam gets in, then realizes she has to pee.  Sits on the pot soaking wet and gets TP stuck in her butt.  Then I notice she has taken a couple of shelled peanuts into the tub and thrown the shells on the floor.   I leave for a minute, come back, and the shower curtain is pulled shut and Kam is saying "don't see our boobies!"  Then she tells Macy "get my boobies!"   And Macy "booby, booby!" 


I kiss my five year old, tell her goodnight & she replies with "good night poopy pinata!"

Speaking of party items, Kam's giant horse balloon ended up in the master bath and stared me down, swaying, every time I had to go pee in the middle of the night.  Weird.

1 comment: