Thursday, May 5, 2011

Keri Not Krafty

I awake to the usual toddler cry "mommy" at 6am, we snuggle (which consists of her putting her entire arm down my shirt and sucking her binky loudly in my ear) and SHE goes back to sleep for another hour (I held a cough as long as I could then had to let it out - she patted my chest in her sleep).  It's a preschool day and the last MOPS (Mothers of Pre-Schoolers) meeting - so it's a bit frantic this morn.  However, it goes along fairly smooth for this place-the only setbacks were of Macy unrolling the toilet paper and taking her shoes and socks off and Kameron only threw a mild fit during dressing.

Today happens to be craft day at MOPS.  On a good day, my craftiness consists of having the kids cut out pictures from a mag & glue-sticking them to paper.  The activity for the day was making coasters by modge-podging (see - I don't think I even spelled it right??) scrap booking paper to tiles then (and I had to look up the spelling on this one and it took awhile!) shellacing over the top to set it.  First of all, Macy didn't want to go to the bbsitting room, so she was running around my legs & under the table.  I was slapping the glue all over those things then blow drying them (and shooting Macy w/it so she would tolerate the activity).  Globbed way too much on them.  *Then I notice the time & hurry to do the final step.  Well, another mom (I'll blame it on her) said "the can is right there."  So, I grabbed it and shot all four tiles heavily right there in the room.  OOPS!  Yea, we were supposed to do that OUTside...one of the moms got a tad cranky w/me about how everybody, including the babies and pregnant chic (who feigned choking)!!  Other moms came in later saying, "what stinks so bad in here??"  Whoops!  Leave it to me!
*Note - I just realized that wasn't the final step - I forgot to put the bottoms on the coasters!

We watched some funny utube clips, which the "leader" prefaced with "these may or may not be pee your pants funny," to which I had to comment to my neighboring mops mom "that wouldn't take much after three kids..." (i.e. peeing your pants).

We get home for lunch & nap and I run in to use the potty while the girls were supposedly playing on the porch.  I went out and they are both in the van.  After the safety lecture, I realize they had both stepped all over my shellaced works of art!  Oh well, they didn't look that great to begin with.

Kameron said she wanted to make PB&J for both of them.  Ok - that'll keep her busy while I make a call to order some pea gravel for the muddy pit around the swingset.  While on the calll, Kameron says "pea gravel?"  laughing ensues and macy repeats "pee-pee" then Kameron says "pea-head, pea-head."  (BTW, the guy won't bring it until our yard dries out - what a novel idea - reference to the van incident)  Then she drops Macy's pb bread on the tile.  Wipe it off - slap it on the plate - call it lunch.  Then Macy grabbed my sunglasses & got the lovely PB on them...

Run out to the van to retrieve forgotten milk sippy.  Set off the alarm - the windows were rolled down but it was locked - I reached in & hit the unlock button...guess that doesn't work.

Put Macy on the potty while she has her "binky buddy" in her mouth (a little stuffed monkey to which a binky attaches) and she drops it in the pot - luckily there were no bodily excretions in there yet!!

I get her laid down and kami finished up her milk by getting a big straw and decides to blow in it before (and during) drinking - making a very loud whistling sound - grrrr....


Kameron has gotten up three times already - guess she wasn't tired.  Poo.  And what the heck are all these cutouts from my mag w/eyeballs & faces doing all over my desk?
 

1 comment:

  1. Julie said she told you about her day. As soon as she had told me what happened, I thought, "It sounds like a Keri blog post!"

    ReplyDelete