Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Waffle Wednesday & The Dr. Office

As it is Wednesday, waffles were served for breakfast.  Macy ate 1/2 and threw the other 1/2 on the floor, which the dog devoured.  Kam complained about not having enough syrup, of course.  Then off to drop items for the semi-annual Just Between Friends re-sale sale.  I left the girls in the van watching a movie while I unloaded numerous containers for "inspection" by Mrs. Eagle Eye - she found stains I still can't spot on a few clothing items (which I painstakingly priced, tagged & safety pinned - not to mention the ordeal I endured trying to obtain hangers from JCP - I had to meet a friend/JCP employee in the darn parking lot of Panera to do a "hanger deal" so she wouldn't get in trouble at work!!).  It took awhile to go through the process, so when I got back to the van, I praised the girls on how good they were.  Until I noticed Macy had pulled out nearly every tissue from a box of what HAD to be 5,000 or so.  And Kam whining, as I pull off, that Macy had thrown her bunny somewhere and WHY wasn't I retrieving it NOW???

The race is on to get to Macy's Dr. appt. on time - b/c you know the doc is ALWAYS on time, right?  She has a rash on her feet & I'm thinking it may be poison ivy.  We pull in, my cell rings, it's a friend waiting on us at the park for our pre-scheduled playdate!!  Crapola.  She was totally cool, as other mommies were supposed to come, too - but they didn't show either!  Then I open the automatic side door to get Macy out (after I found bunny) to find Macy's "baby" stuck in the metal contraption (see pic - note the somewhat cleaned up tissue area) - thank goodness I was able to push the door close button and grab the naked thing before she was decapitated or ruined the door!


We walked in the office at precisely 930.  Our insurance sucks (even though my hubs works for a healthcare Co!), so I ask if the visit can be charged as a well baby exam since we have a 2 yr old checkup sched. in 3 wks.  Insurance Co. won't let them until she is technically two...grrrr....




The waiting room wait wasn't bad.  Then we get to... the exam room.  I got the pleasure of entertaining both little ones for 50ish? minutes - oh joy.  After giving them crackers (crumbs EVERYwhere), watching them hang on the medical trashcan, spin on the stool and screw it up & down, watch Kameron bend over & hike up her skirt announcing "I tooted!", Macy singing "Happy Birthday Poop Poop", have them hop from colored square to colored square as I name the colors to keep them occupied (for approximately four minutes), watch Macy take her diaper off three and three more half times, watch Macy dig in my purse-tossing coupons, and bark the command "no, don't do that" about 103 times, in walks our fav doctor (true statement or it wouldn't be worth the wait) to announce "just use over the counter hydro cortisone cream."  Mild cursing at myself in my head ensues.



 As we exit the building, the aroma of bbq-ing meats swirls up my nostrils & teases my hungry belly.  I know my hubs loves the neighboring restaurant, so I call him for lunch.  He says he can meet us in 15.  I tell him "great, we'll just go across the highway & buy some chairs."  I thought I was joking.  We meet him in the parking lot of Bandana's and I show him the lime green chairs for the kitchen.  Luckily, Macy's sticky Safety sucker fingers hadn't gotten on them - as I'm sure they raked across that nice microfiber couch as we walked in.  No way to clean those paws as Macy has also yanked all the wet wipes out & they've long been dried up.

Lunch was typical of lunch w/children.  I call it a working meal.  Kameron took the sauce bottle & gave it a good squeeze, squirting a blop of it up & over the side - Macy copycats - onto her nice white shirt.  Then they play w/the knives, drop crayons & sippy cups under the table, Kam crawls under the table to get to my side - Macy copycats, Kam blows milk bubbles, Macy copycats...and on and on until we wolf our grown up lunches down so we can get the heck outta there.

Home for naps (after the girls run on the new chairs a few times).  Macy knocks off quickly.  I let Kameron stay up a little longer.  We need to do thank you notes for her teachers at Dayschool (tomorrow is her last day of "the four year olds!") - after the first lonngggg process of note #1 (she proudly and very patiently writes each letter for each word I give her - and TEACHER is a long word, mind you) - including sticker decorating on the envelope, she announces the next THREE teachers/helpers.  Naptime delayed.  Finally get her to go pee.  And, as usual, she pee-pees then stands up before wiping as it drips - no matter how many times I've told her to "wipe while you're sitting!"

I actually got a blog post in - yay!!!!

PS  Has my fly been open since I used the bathroom at Bandandas???

No comments:

Post a Comment