Thursday, July 21, 2011

Ludicrus Library Day

Wow - it's been forever since I have had time to "post a new post."  This will be just from the few hours of one morning.  

This morning started off better than the previous one.  Our coffee pot took a crap & we had to put it to rest.  This morning we used our new Bosch single cup-style pot.  OMG OMG OMG  Let's just say it put the old one to shame.  Deelishioso to the max - and not the Maxwell House - yippee!!  As usual, though, it had gotten cold by the time I got to finish the last drop.  And this one WAS good to the last drop.  Ok - I'm done w/the lame commercialized talk.


I notice 5 yr old (Kam) has major yellow crust on her eye.  Oh crap.  Is this means for another pediatrician visit?  Pink eye or allergies?  And tomorrow is Friday - does it always seem to work that way?  I try to avoid Dr After Hours for sure!  As I'm wiping it away (sort of - it's more of a struggle with a wild bear cub), the 2 yr old (Bea) is imitating the screaming fit.  Yay.
Well, it's the library or the doctor...the library won.


Next up is trying to get a quick shower in before the two create too much disaster with mommy not in sight.  When I finish, I peek my head around the corner to see the two year old eating "breakfast" out of a bag of Cajun Spice & Herb chips instead of her cereal.  Man, that topmost shelf of the pantry is going to be full after I rearrange!  The syrup she squeezes into her mouth is top on the list.


Next up is getting these little ones ready.  I mean, this whole leaving the house for an hour or two ordeal takes all morning!  I put little Bea on her potty seat - success!!  Then, she is so proud, she wants to wipe "all by self" - while sticking her hand IN the basin of pee as she wipes.  After hoisting her up to the sink to wash her hands (another wild bear cub experience), it's time to get them dressed.  Oh, that middle child of mine.  She wants to wear her tutu dress - the one that has leggings to go with b/c it's too short.  Get everything on.  "These leggings are too tight - I don't want to wear this!!"  Mama's patience is wearing thin.  I inform her she can put those clothes away & choose one more, but that is it.  Fit throwing ensues b/c she can't seem to get the dress back onto the hanger.  As I'm counting to ten in my head, I notice a long forgotten sippy cup of milk (chunky style) on her nightstand.  It must have traveled in there from little sis - and I have been buying the even more expensive than usual milk (organic w/the DHA brain fuel - hoping these kids will be doctors & lawyers & such so they can support their old ma & pa someday). 
PRE-MED STUDENTS


Somehow, we make it to the hot van in decent time.  We walk up to the sweet young library employee and I hand over the book that Bea ripped.  She says she can fix it.  Good - b/c we have two more like it at home.  I had to check them out w/Kam's new library card which we got b/c I have a wayyyy overdue book "Like Mommy, Like Daddy" that I can't find anywhere!

As we choose new books, Bea:

*runs up & down the ramp (the one I tell her EVERY time not to run on)
*grabs Pooh bear & Nemo off the shelves & throws them on the floor in the reading area
*throws numerous books onto the floor
*gets right in the little boy's face who is using the computer and starts "talking" to him
   (The last time she did this to a little girl, the girl got really upset w/her and said "stop it - look what you did!"  And made little Bea cry.  I felt Mama Bear rise up, but I put her to rest before I stood to my full 5'10" height and said to her "look what you did - you made her cry!")

As the lady is reading for storytime, Bea:

*performs forward rolls onto the other kids
*stands on her sisters fingers (accident), making big sis announce it very loudly 
*picks her nose, announcing "I have to get that booger out"


As we do our craft, she 

*grabs entire handsful (handfulls is not correct, right?) of tissue paper, wadding it all up for the other kids
*gets most of the tissue paper stuck to her hands
*reason for bullet #2 is that she has taken the purple glue stick and rubbed it all over her hands
 
Crazy me decided to head over to the used bookstore w/these houligans to get even more books (mostly to kill more time away from home where arguing & boredom set in - am I referring to the kids and/or the spouses - lol).   As I am attempting to pay, Bea grabs a pkg of cheese crackers & mouths it - "could you add these to the tab?" then I notice a candy bar wrapper, with a huge bite missing, on the floor.  Again, "could you add this to the tab?"  The understanding owner laughs it off and says something along the lines of  "I really didn't place them that low (like Wal-Mart) for that reason, but...maybe it does work!"  BTW, good choice Bea, caramel & chocolate - can't beat that!


The last ordeal before we head home is Bea running off as I'm struggling w/the book bags & the van doors.  I was able to stop her as a van came cruising down the one way street.  Then a Denali w/out of state tags starts heading down it the wrong way, as an on-comer honks.

KAM THE PHOTOGRAPHER-EVEN TAKES PICS OF HERSELF
In an attempt to settle the girls down (after making 5 yr old eat some veggies that she's "never eating again!" and sitting w/the little on my lap while I attempt to scarf something down-chocolate bar to come for mama at naptime-you know, the one Macy ripped off the shelf...), I read one of our new books in the recliner.  Kam decides she would rather listen from behind the chair and ends up pulling Bea & me all the way back - she wanted to take a picture to show daddy (a bit blurry):
WHAM BAM KAM


As naptime is the only respite during the day, I am usually pretty anxious to get them settled.  I put Bea in her crib and start to head out.  She pipes up with "Rock a Bye Baby," her way of asking me to rock her in the chair.  I give in - for about a two minute rock.


Right at the time for lying down Kam, she announces she has to go poop, taking her coloring book & crayons with her, calling out "I need something to set my crayons on!"  Oh lordy.

As I'm writing this, I am distracted by a talking toy & investigate to find the dog is lying on it.  I also hear Kam trying to blow her stuffed allergy nose, as I'm hoping she'll conk out for awhile.  Better go & get to that candy bar while I can...

No comments:

Post a Comment