Sunday, March 20, 2011

Celebrating St. Pat's

Going to the parade!
Green popcorn - yum-o!!
St. Pat's in Rolla is always an experience - no doubt you will see lots of crazies and/or drunks - no matter how early it may be!  We began the day with crazy MO weather - beautiful sunny day without jackets (freezing temps & snow to follow on Mon.)!  The hubby & I took the little girlies (the tween was too cool to hang w/us & spent the night w/a friend) to the parade downtown.  The one thing Kami was soooo excited for was green popcorn - she was so good while she & I stood in a long line to get it.  Little sister ate more than big sister though!

During the 11am parade, it didn't take long for a young drunkard to sway past.  He was bare chested and was wearing sweatpants low enough to "show off" his black Calvin's.   The hubs was holding Macy back from the road b/c the line of parade vehicles (a bit boring for the kids BTW) were getting a little too horn happy.  So, Macy looks at this young boozer and loudly says "nakey!"  Hubs decides to share this info w/the guy - who loves it - so there stands Hub chatting it up w/the drunk while holding little babe.  The guy shares a "big secret" (insert drunken finger to a shushed mouth) with Hub - that his name is Nate and he is going to be on the next Real World.  Hence his new nickname, "Real Nakey Nate."  (Note:  I apologize to any of my readers who don't appreciate this particular blog - please feel free to skip this one and don't hold it against me-now would be a good spot to stop!). While I'm planning on keeping the majority of posts kid oriented - my good blogger friend suggested I add the St Pats story - in part to show that moms need to get out more than once every 5 yrs or so!
Nakey Nate

After the parade, I bring the girls home while Hub stays & hangs w/buddy J.  I get the girls to sleep, Em's friend drops her off, I leave to join Hub.  This is a rarity, to say the least.  I NEVERish go anywhere (except work & the occasional WMart trip) without kids in tow and even more NEVERish go out on a date with Hub.  Friend J has a lovely pregnant wife who came to stay w/the girls later that afternoon. Sooooo, we have a few-ish beers & listen to music & hang w/friends & just enjoy our togetherness & freedom & the gorgeous sunshine.  Oh, and drunk people watching.  Here's where I re-introduce Nakey Nate.  He shows up, red eyed & pants hangin' even lower than they were earlier, and starts "dancing" in front of the band.  A couple of classy gals went up & snapped dollar bills into his drooping sweatpants band.  Oh, the stories go on...

Being from this town & Hub not, he is very used to people approaching me & talking at length.  All husbands love that, right?  So, this drunken gal approaches me & is very friendly (and I thought "I must know her") but then becomes VERY friendly w/hubs.  He plays along, thinking I know her (or so he says...lol).  She asks him to tie her broken beads in the back - when he pulls on them, she does the nastay (to steal from my good bud Lisa) butt dance to him.  Ok, it's now clear we totally don't know this chic!!!

Fifi looking for missing mommy.
"Where's my mommy?"
Moving along...we also joined a good friend of mine (we'll call D) who was supposed to be at her house to drop off her doggie & for me to pick up after the parade - wellllll, let's just say she decided to stay at the Pat's festivities with Fifi (made up the name - but I think you can better picture the white fluffball w/that name).  HER friend type person is also there, who is beyond intoxicated.  D decides she needs to use the Jane On The Spot so another friend of mine and myself take turns holding Fifi, until D's bud stumbles over & takes her.  The sight was cracking me up - he could barely see straight and was somber faced letting Fifi lead him around, strutting her green doggie shirt.  The nice friend I'm hanging out w/decides to call her son to come do a doggie pickup & deliver her back home while her "mommy" parties awhile longer!

Mustard mouth.
The most common thing being consumed was beer, the second mustard.  Plenty of hot dogs & brats to be had.  We watched a poor guy behind us eat a huge brat in about three bites - the mustard was allll over his face.  Guess we shouldn't have laughed too hard - b/c then our good bud "J" ended up w/it on his upper lip area.  But - funnier than the mustard was the sight of my friend D (doggie's mom) doing the mom trick of wetting her finger w/her spit then wiping his face!


Yay - we are out together for once!  Note the dude behind my shoulder - the drunk doggy walker. 
Cool "Jay-Zee"
Does this really need a caption?

There were so many other funny moments (like when D and I ordered hot wings and she kept telling them she wanted a dozen, every time - and it took 3 or 4 times of them asking her if she wanted 10 or 20 - no, TEN or TWENTY are your TWO choices) - but if I add them, I'll never get the post finished!

PS  Let's watch Real World & see if Nakey Nate was telling the truth- I bet Macy will remember him - well, if he has no shirt!

2 comments:

  1. Love it Keri! I have been on both sides of the festivities - drunken college student and "townie". :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute, Keri! Had me laughing out loud. Love love love it!! By the way...the guy getting the mustard finger-licked off of his face is sex-ay. Can you pass his number along to me?? :) GREAT POST!

    ReplyDelete